22 August 2008

#15 Rollyo

Rollyo have the potential for librarians to select good quality sites and make them avialable to the public via subject specific Rollyos. I can imagine that many people will appreciate this service as it will save valuable time on internet searching. Although internet contains gems of information you can spend a lot of time sifting through irrelevant junk before coming across reliable and good quality sites.

The Rollyo I compiled is a mixture of websites and blogs on book reviews. I started off adding just blogs and then changed my mind and added general websites as well. I found that the title space is limited. I created the search engine anonymously - didn't feel like registering - and easily found it again. (Note: the sites I added where just a few I have bookmarked and I haven't seriously considered a balanced list as this exercise was an experiment.) Another rollyo I want to create is one for maths homework, but perhaps one of my colleagues will create that one so I will wait and see.

2 comments:

SoAndSo said...

Library rollyos: curiouser and curiouser. Dovetails well with what /fish says about widgets.

Webtraveller said...

Yes, the possibilities for remixing and customisation of content is just amazing. And the ever increasing ways of doing it ...

There are two ways of doing it in the library environment - we do some of the customisation (such as subject Rollyos), and let the patron do it for themselves (suscription options, OPAC tagging).