23 July 2008

#7 Searching for feeds (2)

I looked at each of the search engines listed. There wasn't anything in terms of news topics that I wanted to subscribe to when I browsed Topix and Syndic8. With Technorati I found lots of interesting blogs that tempted me to subscribe! (I have bookmarked instead.) Google Blog Search is easy to use as well as Google News. Perhaps it is because Google is familiar, but also it is less cluttered and thus easier to find useful information.

Another easy way to find and subscribe to websites is to use the latest versions of your browser. I use Firefox and the subscription icon appears in the URL address text box if the webpage has feed subscription options listed. You just click on the icon and it gives the option to select your newsreader - quick and easy. Internet Explorer 7 has a similar feature. The rss icon is next to the 'home' icon on the toolbar. (Both Firefox and Internet Explorer 7 can be freely downloaded.)

2 comments:

Anne Jaynes said...

That was a good reminder about using Auckland time. But where do I scroll down??? I am new to this so expect some senseless questions!!!

Webtraveller said...

I have posted the instructions on setting your time zone on your blog.