13 September 2008

#19 Podcasts

Although I knew about podcasts I hadn't had a good look at them until this exercise. I have downloaded French language lesson podcasts earlier this year for my daughter in case she would like to use them for revision. (Yeah right - I know! But she did listen to the first three because it was difficult to ignore my enthusiastic expectations.)

The great variety of topics make it difficult to limit to a few - so much to read / view / listen to and so little time! I looked at the podcast directories listed in the exercise notes and also did a Google search for popular podcasts to see what people are listening to. Some interesting ones I came across in my search:
This is just a short list of what caught my attention. I didn't include anything on music which make up a large percentage of podcasts, or on culture, politics and comedy. There were quite a few inspirational podcasts - some to which I have subscribed and a whole lot on science and technology for which I need more time to explore. There were also serial novels which reminded me of the days when we used to listen each night to stories on the radio after dinner - oh the magic voice lends to a story, but I need more time to look at those as well. (Oh time, time, time!)

There is more I will write about in a next post. I need to record my discoveries and experiences for now as there is so much more to explore and think about on podcast.

1 comment:

MB said...

Thank you for mentioning Bedtime Stories My Kids Love. I appreciate it.

MB